How does it work?
1. Explore the bird species on this website. Click here for a checklist to help you track your favorites.
2. Go to the online checkout to make your tax-deductible adoption.
3. Send an e-card (optional) to let gift recipients know about your adoption. Look for this option on the confirmation page after purchase.
4. Within 3 weeks, the personalized adoption certificate, replica bird band, and any additional premiums from your price level arrive in the mail at the address you specify—whether yours or a gift recipient's.
It's that easy!
Choose your birds!
All adoptions include these benefits:
- Optional e-card for gift recipients (look on confirmation page after purchase)
- Personalized adoption certificate printed with unique band number, photo of adopted species, and species highlights
- Replica bird band
- Invitation to attend a special adopter-only morning at the bird banding station
- eNews updates about our bird research
- The photographs that appear online and on the printed certificate were taken by leading wildlife photographers whose images have appeared in such publications as National Geographic and Audubon.
Photos: (Left) prothonotary warbler and (above) three flycatcher species banded at Powdermill Nature Reserve
- At $25 level: Entire $25 adoption is tax-deductible
- At $50 level: One free pass to Carnegie Museum of Natural History; $32 of each $50 adoption is tax-deductible
- At $75 level: Two free passes to Carnegie Museum of Natural History; $39 of each $75 adoption is tax-deductible
- At $100 level: Three free passes to Carnegie Museum of Natural History; $46 of each $100 adoption is tax-deductible
- Admission to Powdermill Nature Reserve is always free
- Members of Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh: You are our best ambassadors! Please distribute the free passes to friends and family so they may also enjoy the exhibitions and programs that your membership supports.