Come party at the museum! Birthdays are a blast at Carnegie Museum of Natural History, and are now available in THREE sensational themes!
Pick your theme!
Party Like a Paleontologist
Egyptian Royalty Party
Rock Star! (NEW!! Coming October 2015)
What’s included in a basic party
- 1 hour use of a private party space in a museum classroom
- 30 minutes of themed games and activities with an energetic and friendly Museum Educator
- Decorations, candles, cups, plates, napkins, cutlery, music, drinks (punch and water), and chips and pretzels
- Same-day admission to Carnegie Museums of Art and Natural History for all your party guests
Parties are for any combination of children and adults up to 25 guests; additional guests can be added for $10/person, up to a total of 35 people.
Pricing and Registration
Basic Parties are $375 non-member / $350 members
Birthday parties are designed for children ages 4–12 and must be booked at least four weeks in advance.
Party times are available Saturdays and Sundays year-round at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., and 3 p.m. (except major holidays); call 412.622.3288 or email ProgramRegistration@carnegiemuseums.org to see if your choice of date and time is available.
Party time can be extended by purchasing the next party time slot, but no additional programming is provided.
Please book at least 4 weeks in advance; catering orders can be placed no later than 2 weeks from the party.
Want something extra for your big day?
What about a Private Overnight? Book the museum for a sleepover birthday party and spend the night making memories with help from our experienced and enthusiastic museum educators as they guide you through 3 hours of overnight activities that YOU get to select!
- Meet-and-greet with Rexie the Tyrannosaurus rex Costume Character! Rexie visits your party, and your Museum Educator will take a group photo of the party children, as well as send each child home with a printed photo sticker to commemorate the day! Cost: Basic party fee + $100
- Animal Encounter in Earth Theater! Museum staff provide a special 30-minute animal encounter presentation with some of the museum’s animals! Cost: Basic party fee + $100
Cake and ice cream. Catering options are available for cake and/or pizza for an additional fee, detailed below. At least three birthday adults to attend for a party of up to 25 people.
Please don't bring
- Anything that needs to be taped onto a surface
Birthday Catering Options
$40 per cake—9” wide x 3” high, and serves 20
Choice of chocolate or vanilla batter
Dinosaur graphic and text “Happy Birthday”
(Cake is not gluten-free)
$16 per pizza + $5 one-time delivery fee—14” pizza, cut into 8 slices
Choice of cheese or pepperoni pizza
All food orders must be placed 2 weeks prior to event.
Sample Party Schedule
(based upon a 1 p.m. party schedule)
||Earliest time Party Parents/Guardians and Birthday Child will be permitted into the party room
||Guests arrive to party
||Activities and games in party room with Museum Educator
||Party room handed over to party parents/hosts (Time for eating cake and snacks, singing, opening presents, etc.)
||Party in room is over, children are given small party favors, guests are led by Educator to exhibition area
||Party parents/guardians must remove all belongings from party room; no storage in room is available. Museum Educator can provide a rolling cart for you to take belongings out to your car.