Annals of Carnegie Museum
Annals of Carnegie Museum is a quarterly journal that publishes peer-reviewed short and medium-length original scientific contributions in organismal biology, earth sciences, and anthropology, in 40 by 52.5 pica format (168 by 220 mm or 6-5/8 by 8-5/8 inches). Subject matter must be relevant to Carnegie Museum of Natural History scientific sections or Powdermill Nature Reserve (PNR), preferably with connection to the Carnegie collection and/or personnel. Carnegie Museum staff and research associates receive publication priority, but others are encouraged to submit papers, especially those manuscripts explicitly based on the Carnegie collection. Direct inquires regarding the appropriateness of a specific contribution to the editors, J.R. Wible (WibleJ@carnegiemnh.org) or J.E. Rawlins (RawlinsJ@carnegiemnh.org).
Number of Issues per Year: 4
Volume 81, Number 4, 30 September 2013--$22.50 + s/h
- Mylagaulid rodents (Mammalia: Rodentia: Mylagaulidae) from the middle Miocene (Barstovian) of New Mexico. William W. Korth.
- A reevaluation of the hyoid bones of Protoceratops andrewsi Granger and Gregory, 1923 (Ornithischia: Ceratopsia) and a review of hyoid elements in ornithischian dinosaurs. Eric M. Morschhauser and Matthew C. Lamanna.
- Fleas (Siphonaptera: Pygiopsyllomorpha) of Papua New Guinea and Papua Province, Indonesia. Part I. Striopsylla (Stivaliidae: Stivaliinae) and miscellaneous pygiopsyllid fleas. Michael W. Hastriter and Emmett R. Easton.
- The fauna of Staphylininae in Dominican amber (Coleoptera: Staphylinidae). Stylianos Chatzimanolis and Michael S. Engel.
- Aerugoamnis paulus, new genus and new species (Anura: Anomocoela): first reported anuran from the early Eocene (Wasatchian) Fossil Butte Member of the Green River Formation, Wyoming. Amy C. Henrici, Ana M. Báez, and Lance Grande.
- Index to Volume 81.
Volume 81, Number 3, 16 May 2013—$22.50 + s/h
- History, sedimentology, and taphonomy of the Carnegie Quarry, Dinosaur National Monument, Utah. Kenneth Carpenter.
Volume 81, Number 2, 15 May 2013—$22.50 + s/h
- Revision of Dacnochilus Leconte (=Acalophaena Sharp) (Coleoptera: Staphylinidae: Paederinae). Esteban Jiménez-Sánchez and José Galián.
- A review of the mustelid-infesting fleas in the family Ceratophyllidae (Insecta: Siphonaptera). Robert E. Lewis and Ralph P. Eckerlin.
- Biology and immature stages of snail-killing flies belonging to the genus Tetanocera (Insecta: Diptera: Sciomyzidae). VI. Descriptions of immature stages and keys to the larvae and puparia of the Nearctic species. Benjamin A. Foote.
Volume 81, Number 1, 31 December 2012—$22.50 + s/h
- The internal nasal skeleton of the bat Pteropus lylei K. Andersen, 1908 (Chiroptera: Pteropodidae). Norberto P. Giannini, Thomas E. Macrini, John R. Wible, Timothy B. Rowe, and Nancy B. Simmons.
- Description of Wilsonipsylla spinicoxa, new genus and species of flea from Papua New Guinea, and review of the suborder Pygiopsyllomorpha (Insecta: Siphonaptera). Michael W. Hastriter.
- Revision of the aquatic eryopid temnospondyl Glaukerpeton avinoffi Romer, 1952, from the Upper Pennsylvanian of North America. Ralf Werneburg and David S Berman.
- Five new species of Anillinus Casey from Alabama with a key to the Alabama species (Carabidae: Trechinae: Bembidiini). Igor M. Sokolov.
The next issue is Volume 82, Number 1, 2013
Click here to view the Index to Past Volumes
Authors' Guide Online
For instructions and stylistic guidelines for manuscript submissions to Annals of Carnegie Museum, please download the Authors' Guide (Adobe PDF).
Institutional, $90.00 (USA), $125.00 (International)
Individual, $60.00 (USA), $90.00 (International)
Shipping and Handling
USA: $7.50 for first issue + $1.00 for each additional issue
International: $18.00 for first issue + $1.00 for each additional issue
Click here for printable publication order form.
Click here for our claims policy regarding replacement publications.
Some back issues as well as reprints of individual articles are available. Please contact us for more information.
Office of Scientific Publications
Carnegie Museum of Natural History
4400 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh PA 15213-4080 USA